The Difficulty level is a number between 0 and 100 and it will usually go between ~20 and ~70 if you don't try to lower it. The difficulty level is used by the game to adjust how difficult the level will be.
How it affects the game Edit
- The life of the titan is adjusted. They have a life bonus of 2% per difficulty level point, meaning that at max difficulty they have +200% life, I.E. Three times more life than their base stats.
- The speed of the titans is also adjusted by the same amount, and consequently they can also go three time faster at maximium difficulty.
- The odds of getting a leader at the head of a titan wave is 1% per difficulty point. At max difficulty, you will alway have a boss titan, and never at min difficulty.
Setting of the difficulty level Edit
There are basically three things that change the difficulty level :
- The amount of money you have at the end of the level. If you have a lot of money, the difficulty will go up.
- How many tries you had on the level. If you try a lot a given level, the difficulty will go down.
- How badly the titan had trashed your installation. If they have wrecked a lot of havoc, the difficulty will go down.
- Lastly, you can force the lowering of the difficulty by generating a new level. Don't forget that if you do pretty well, the difficulty level will be raised for the next level.
The main advice here is, do no try too hard to hoard a lot of money. The difficulty level will go through the roof and you will have to actually use the money. Also, don't hesitate to generate a lower difficulty level. The game does not track this, you will have the same ending, and finishing the game without adjusting the difficulty level can be extremely difficult indeed. However if you like challenges, Revenge of the Titans is ready to give you what you need.